Families have traditions. One of ours is making "Christmas Hash". We don't save it just for Christmas anymore. We also make a batch for family get-togethers and long car trips. It's our family's version of Chex Mix. Usually I buy 2 bags of pretzels and then double the recipe since you can get 2 batches from each box of cereal and a tall jar of peanuts. Also keep in mind you can make this cheaper using generic cereals. Enjoy!
4 cups Cheerios
4 cups Corn Chex
4 cups Rice Chex
2 cups dry roasted peanuts
1 bag pretzels sticks
1 stick butter/margarine
2 Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
1 tsp garlic powder
1 Tbsp seasoned salt
Put butter, Worcestershire Sauce, garlic powder, and seasoned salt in a microwave safe bowl. Heat in microwave until the butter is melted. Stir then pour into the bottom of a very large pan (I use a roaster pan). Add the rest of the ingredients and stir well. Bake uncovered at 250 degrees for 2.5 hours - stir every 1/2 hour while it bakes, making sure you get all the way to the bottom of the pan when you stir.
2 comments:
Loving the recipes...keep 'em coming!
I've given you a Blog award...see tomorrow's (8/12) Blog to pick it up!
Hi Band Groupie!
I've never gotten an award before :-)
Thank you!
Post a Comment