Friday, September 12, 2008

My favorite bread recipe

1 cup warm water
3 tbsp sugar
1 packet yeast

Put these ingredients in a bread machine pan and let sit for about 5-10 minutes - until it gets a little foamy.

Then add:
3 cups flour (I use 3 cups bread flour or 2 cups bread flour and 1 cup whole wheat flour)
1/4 cup oil
1 1/2 tsp salt

You can bake this in your bread machine on the basic/white bread setting OR you can set you bread machine to the dough setting, then place in a greased loaf pan, let sit covered with cling wrap for about 30 minutes, and bake at 350 minutes for 18 - 20 minutes. I like to brush on a little melted butter with a pastry brush when it comes out of the oven.

6 comments:

Hoosier Homemade said...

I have a "new to me" bread machine and been looking for new recipes! Thanks!
~Liz

SnoWhite said...

sounds great to me! I enjoy making homemade bread :)

InnaC said...

Very good and easy recipe. The bread came out just perfect! Thank you for posting this.

Becky said...

I hope you enjoy this as much as we have! It has become a staple at our house.

Stephanie said...

I just found your recipe online. I have a quick question. I also just got a "new to me" machine. Do I use the 1 1/2 or 2 lb setting? Thanks.

Becky said...

Hi Stephanie! My bread machine is a 2 lb model but I think this recipe would be fine in a 1 1/2 lb machine. I hope you enjoy it!